Safety is for both you and others riding with you.
Take a minute to read the safety notes below so you and other will enjoy your riding!
Important Notes for Bicycle Saftey:
- Start means ready to roll/ride time.
- Bicycle safety is our number one goal.
- Bike Helmets are required.
- Do not overlap wheels.
Communicate what you are doing to other and being a courteous is important:
- Make sure that the rides you are with know what you are doing and where you are.
- Call “rider up” and “rider back”.
- Let people know when you are passing them with either “on your left” or “Good morning”.
- Let the people you are riding with know if you are slowing.
- If you are leading/pulling signal when you are going to the back of the line.
- If you are the last one in line and the leader is rotating to the back let them know that you are the last wheel by calling out “last wheel”.
- When entering an intersection let the other riders know if the intersection is clear or yell “stop” or what is appropriate.
- Make sure that other know what you are doing if you are going out of the pace line. Communicate!
* Speed: We ride from 16 to 24+ mph depending on lots of factors but “no one left behind”. Groups: C 15-18, B 18-20 and B+ 20-22 average while in the pace line.
* Remember to bring enough water.
* Think about warm up and cool down. Think about stretching before and after your ride.
* You burn about 600 calories an hour and need to have enough food to replenish or bonk.
* We are a social riding group who is dedicated to riding and friendship. We are not a club, there are no members, no dues and rides are open all.
* You are riding at your own risk.
For more information E-mail our group firstname.lastname@example.org.